If a person is diagnosed with prostatitis, he should start treatment immediately. Inflammation of the prostate gland is not uncommon, and according to statistics, more than 50% of men experience it throughout their lives. The prognosis of the disease depends on how long treatment is started. If not eliminated in the acute stage, chronic prostatitis occurs. It is difficult to predict exactly whether it can be treated.
Description and symptoms
A man's body has a prostate gland, in other words, a prostate. It is responsible for the synthesis of male sex hormones. The gland is characterized by an effective number of channels through which bacteria and viruses that cause infection can enter. Inflammation spreads to the soft tissues, which increases the size of the body and puts pressure on the pelvic region. This process is called prostatitis.
The symptoms of the disease are individual in nature and depend on the neglect of the disease and its subtypes. If the disease is chronic, there is pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen. Signs may appear spontaneous and can sometimes last a long time. In some cases, the pain spreads to the lower back and groin. True dysfunction and erection problems develop. Urine slows down, this process is accompanied by pain.
- manifestation of cystitis, frequent urination;
- pain in lower abdomen, back and scrotum;
- sexual dysfunction;
- Negative change in sperm quality and quantity.
A thorough examination should be performed to understand if chronic prostatitis can be cured.
Prostatitis can manifest itself for several reasons. First of all, it is an infection or stagnation. All this interferes with the normal functioning of the prostate gland, which leads to an increase in size and inflammation. When a pathology occurs, a man experiences pain and discomfort, such as cystitis. Both are joined by weakness. Infectious substances that cause such events: bacteria, viruses, fungi.
Many patients who do not improve their acute form of the disease in time are forced to think that chronic prostatitis can be treated. The forms treated are the first to appear. But there is a chance of recovery from chronic pathologies. The main causes of the onset of chronic prostatitis include a sedentary lifestyle and traumatic damage to the prostate gland.
You can also highlight this:
- perverted sex life;
- drink and smoke often;
- Decrease in the body's defenses.
Whether prostatitis can be treated becomes clear after the first course of antibiotic therapy and culture analysis for microflora.
Symptoms of prostatitis often feel after 35 years. Men in this situation often suffer from pain and anxiety, associating unpleasant symptoms with injury, poor quality food and intestinal problems. But they do not think it can be chronic prostatitis. You can get rid of it forever by consulting professionals in a timely manner. This probability is 90%. First of all, you should visit a urologist. The chronic form of the disease should be treated for a long time and the patient should take the most responsible approach to work.
Men who try to understand that prostatitis can be completely cured often listen to acquaintances who recommend using dubious methods, rather than a doctor. The disease is not always bacterial.
If the cause is a pathogenic microflora, antibiotics are used therapeutically. If stagnation is the cause of the disease, the appropriate group of drugs is used.Inflammatory physiotherapy requires the appointment of transrectal massage. The latter is conducted by a specialist and is prescribed in courses of 10-15 sessions.
Traditional medicine can also be considered an effective supplement. There are 3 main steps to eliminate the disease:
- See a urologist or andrologist.
- Take a detailed examination that will allow you to get a picture of the patient's condition.
- Get an individual treatment based on different procedures and medications, go to the end.
No specialist can say at the first appointment that the prostate can be completely healed. You must first determine the stage of the disease.
Antibacterial, hormonal drugs and immune-boosting drugs are mainly used to treat prostatitis. Physiotherapy procedures have also proven to be good. It is possible to bring the gland back to normal, provided that treatment is started in the early stages of the disease.
Before prescribing a particular therapy option, you need to understand which factor triggers the inflammation. Home remedies are allowed as an additional method to control the disease and prevent relapse. It is important to test for sensitivity to their active ingredients before taking antibiotics.
Various antibacterial drugs are used for prostatitis, but bacteriological culture is required along with the gland. It is performed regularly to assess the effectiveness of the course of treatment. If chronic prostatitis is caused by a blockage in the pelvic organs, there is no need to kill the microflora. Alternative therapies are also appropriate here.
Antispasmodics are prescribed to reduce swelling and pain. It is also prescribed to patients to give the walls of the gland smoothness and elasticity. This helps the body to recover faster. Painkillers are used for acute pain. It is very effective in blocking. In some cases, with its help it is possible to get rid of the pain for up to six months.
Rectal suppositories are a common drug used to treat prostatitis. Such candles are easy to maintain and quite effective. Antibiotics are prescribed not only in pill form, but also in injectable form. They have anti-inflammatory properties and destroy pathogenic flora.
The main groups of these drugs are:
Microclusters are widely used. In this case, a drug solution is injected directly into the rectum. Reaches the prostate gland and has a beneficial effect on it.
Transrectal massage and physiotherapy
This type of massage seems to be effective for chronic prostate lesions. Generally, preventive measures are taken once a month. After 30 years, such manipulation is recommended for all men, because it protects a completely intimate life.
You can massage yourself, but you must have certain skills. It is better to entrust this to a specialist working in the clinic. In stores you can find special devices to perform the procedure at home, so any man can do it himself. If there is pain, do not massage.
Physiotherapy manipulations are an excellent addition to a complex treatment. Today, diathermy is used, where heating is carried out with a high-frequency current or microwave ovens. The manipulation is aimed at eliminating spasms and inflammation. Another effective method is decontamination. The procedure is based on the use of high frequency currents. They relieve tension in the tissues, eliminate damage and normalize the work of the nervous system. The procedure normalizes blood circulation, which is especially important for congestive prostatitis.
Ultrasound is used to warm the affected area and has an antibacterial effect by fighting germs. Electrophoresis is used to deliver drug components to a specific location.
Various baths, decoctions and infusions of herbs have a good effect on the prostate. After using antibiotics, this will no longer happen because the body needs to recover. Folk recipes are always used in conjunction with medicines.
There are a number of proven recipes at home:
- Aspen bark is harvested, preferably in the spring, when it reaches a thickness of 5 mm, dried and poured with vodka. Leave for 2 weeks in a dark room. After a certain period of time, the drug is filtered and taken 3 times a day. However, you only need to take a few drops of such a product and add it to plain water (half a glass). The course is 2 months.
- A plant mixture containing chamomile, licorice root, parsley, dill is collected. It is enough to take 1 tbsp. l. each component and mix. Pour a tablespoon of the finished composition into 1 liter of boiling water. The product will be ready in 30 minutes. For 4 cups in the morning and before bedtime.
- Finely chop the parsley root. Pour a quarter liter of boiled water for 4 tablespoons. l. raw materials. Leave on overnight, then strain and take for 1 tbsp. l. After meal.
- Ginseng has a beneficial effect on the prostate and bladder. Eliminates pathogens, eliminates inflammation. On sale you can find ready-made tinctures for alcohol or make ginseng-based tea.
- Aloe juice is used to get rid of edema. It is a natural analgesic and therapeutic tool, which improves tissue microcirculation. Take 500 g of aloe, 500 ml of honey and the same amount of wine. The leaves are crushed, the components are mixed and placed in a glass jar. Refrigerate for 7 days, then strain. In the first week it is taken for 1 teaspoon three times a day, then - 1 tbsp. l.
- Asparagus juice is used to restore strength. The total volume required per day is 600 ml.
- Propolis looks like glue and has antibacterial and disinfectant effect, narrows blood vessels and capillaries in the area of inflammation. To make a healing potion, rub 10 g of propolis, mix heated alcohol and honey in a steam bath. Keep in a dark room.
Diet and exercise
It is important to change your lifestyle. They are related to both eating habits and sports. With inflammation of the prostate gland, you can not eat fatty and sweet foods, pickles and marinades, smoked meats, strong tea and coffee. Cakes, pies and semi-finished products are prohibited. A healthy diet is based on the use of fermented dairy products, seafood, fruits and berries, vegetables and greens. If you want something sweet, you can add a small amount of honey to your food and drinks.
You need to give up bad habits - alcohol and tobacco. Staying active is important to fight a disease. It is recommended to fight with blood stasis in the pelvic organs, run and swim. There is a special training set that covers squats. Hardening strengthens the immune system, especially in doses with cold water. As a result, blood circulation improves.
- I couldn't believe it happened to me when I had prostatitis. It all started with frequent walks to the toilet, then the urine became painful. I thought I might have a venereal disease.
I was treated by three doctors, but the pills they prescribed did not make it easier. Very by chance, I found a specialist at the regional clinic who raised me up. The disease was simple, but the doctor's experience turned out to play an important role.
If you have symptoms of prostatitis, you cannot postpone a urological visit. I hesitated for a long time, using various excuses. Acute prostatitis has become a chronic form for me, all because I am afraid of being tested. In fact, they are quite simple. The main role is played by bacterial culture, PCR for latent infections. You must also undergo a bacterial culture of urine and semen. Some doctors do not refer patients for these examinations. We must avoid them. The treatment here can be difficult and long, but you can recover forever.
For prostatitis, I was offered high-frequency treatment, but somehow I didn't trust them. I insisted on prescribing normal medication. Examination revealed small pathological changes. Now, after a course of treatment, there are almost no symptoms.