Treatment of prostatitis in any form and type requires a comprehensive approach. Diet therapy is far from the last place. In this article, you will learn which foods have a beneficial effect on the healing process and which foods are better to avoid. Also about the basic rules and principles of diet for prostatitis.
In the treatment of both acute and chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend an additional diet. Therefore, patients need to know how to properly prepare food during therapy, as well as the most popular and delicious recipes that are allowed to cook.
General principles and goals of the diet
The main principle of the prostatitis diet is proper and healthy nutrition. Restrictions on products are used for medicinal and prophylactic purposes. During the period of compliance with the diet, the composition of the blood significantly improves, the activity of the digestive organs, as well as the genitourinary system is normalized, which in turn leads to a reduction in the load on the prostate gland. increased drug absorption. The patient's pelvic discomfort is relieved, sexual function improves, and the risk of recurrence of prostatitis is minimized.
The main objectives of the diet for this disease are:
- normalization of urine volume;
- elimination of inflammation;
- elimination of pain and swelling;
- removal of excess salt from the body;
- normalization of stool;
- increased immunity;
- reducing the amount of fats and carbohydrates consumed;
- accelerating recovery.
Experts have identified a list of products that should be completely abandoned during treatment:
- yeast dough;
- spicy, salty and smoked meat;
- alcoholic beverages;
- fatty meat and fish;
- all types of legumes;
- carbonated drinks;
- strong tea and coffee;
- store sauces;
The list of products that make up the diet menu for prostatitis is very large, so each patient can easily choose foods that suit their preferences:
- lean meat (rabbit, lamb, veal);
- lean poultry (chicken, turkey, quail);
- low-fat fish species (sea fish should be preferred);
- dairy products;
- chicken eggs;
- bread (bran or rye);
- all kinds of pasta;
- vegetables in any form;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- herbal tea.
Goose and duck meat, as well as semolina should be eaten in limited quantities.
Sour cream can be used only for decorating various dishes, and butter can be used not only as a supplement for porridge or pasta, but also for bread in a thin layer.
In the acute form of the disease
The diet for acute prostatitis involves the use of chopped food at moderate temperatures. If the body temperature rises and there is no appetite at all, doctors recommend fasting for a few days, provided you drink plenty of fluids.
With the above form of the disease, it is recommended to eat foods that are easily absorbed by the body and do not burden the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The diet is based on boiled or steamed vegetables with various fruits and fermented dairy products. Small amounts of lean meat, poultry and fish are allowed.
In the acute form of prostatitis, caffeine, spices, spicy and very salty foods are strictly prohibited. You should avoid products that promote gas formation, as well as canning and meat products.
In chronic form
Nutrition is not so strict for chronic prostatitis. You can use a limited amount of mushrooms, spices and dry wine (no more than 1 glass per day). Spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the daily menu.
It is advisable to minimize fatty, smoked and salty foods, and limit sauces and legumes. Weak coffee and tea can be consumed in small quantities.
Sample menu for a week
- Breakfast: light herbal tea, salad with porridge, carrots and parsnips.
- Lunch: onion soup, porridge with wheat, beef dumplings, jelly.
- Dinner: steamed fish with vegetables, fruit salad.
- Evening snack: kefir.
2 nd day
- Breakfast: 1-2 boiled eggs, milk soup, broth or compote.
- Dinner: mashed potatoes with fish, vegetable salad, tea.
- Dinner: buckwheat, cheesecake, broth.
- Evening snack: a glass of milk.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, seaweed salad, light herbal decoction.
- Dinner: casserole with vegetables and fish, salad with cucumbers and greens, a few fruits.
- Dinner: baked potatoes, light vegetable soup, herbal tea.
- Snack before bed: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, cheese sandwiches, prunes.
- Dinner: pasta with boiled or cooked chicken, vegetable salad, jelly.
- Dinner: corn porridge, herbal tea, carrot cutlets.
- Snack before bed: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Breakfast: pumpkin porridge, decoction of any dried fruit or juice.
- Lunch: buckwheat with steamed chicken, tea.
- Dinner: rice porridge, boiled potatoes with fish, vegetable salad.
- Snack before bed: homemade yogurt.
- Breakfast: salad with carrots, boiled rice, herbal tea.
- Lunch: soup with meatballs, steamed fish, vegetable stew, juice.
- Dinner: buckwheat, seafood salad, compote.
- Bedtime snack: kefir or fermented boiled milk.
- Breakfast: homemade cottage cheese with fruit, hard-boiled eggs, herbal tea.
- Lunch: baked lean meat potatoes, compote with dried fruits.
- Dinner: pumpkin puree, boiled chicken fillet, a few fruits.
- Snack before bed: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Experts recommend including vegetables in the first dish and adding various spices during cooking. It is recommended to use an oven, double boiler or multivark to create dishes.
Dietary principles for patients with prostatitis
The diet for prostatitis is not strict, the list of forbidden foods is small, so you can prepare a variety of dishes that will satisfy every taste just by following simple eating principles.
Meat and fish should be cooked, boiled and steamed. It is advisable to avoid fat or use it as little as possible. After boiling the meat, the rest of the broth can be used for various soups. In the case of boiling poultry, you must first remove the skin, as it contains a lot of fat. Fish can also sometimes be charcoal, but can be eaten without the shell.
It is recommended to eat a minimum amount of meat skewers when removing the fried crust. Herring should be soaked in water before serving. When preparing first courses, especially soups, it is necessary to minimize the amount of potatoes, as well as to avoid combining pasta with meat dishes.
When adding vegetables to soups, experts recommend avoiding frying and using only raw. This approach will significantly reduce the burden on the digestive system.
The second dishes are different - cutlets, meatballs, soufflés and stews are allowed. Cereals can be used to cook cereals, stews and meatballs, they are also used in cutlets and meatballs. The vegetable side dish is made from raw vegetables or steamed and steamed vegetables. Frying with a minimum amount of oil is allowed. It is advisable to choose pasta from hard varieties and use a limited amount.
Experts recommend the use of funchoza, because it is well absorbed by the body.
Recipes for patients with prostatitis
Below are recipes for foods that nutritionists have specially prepared to compile a diet menu for prostatitis.
Pink salmon cooked in lemon marinade
- pink salmon - 400 g;
- a small lemon;
- a bunch of greens;
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. ;
- bread crumbs - 1 tsp.
Remove all the bones from the fish, it can be cut into pieces. Then, prepare the marinade. To do this, mix the butter, crackers, add the required amount of salt, grate the fish and sprinkle with herbs. Arrange lemon rings on top.
Grease a loaf pan or cover with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 ° C. Cook for 15 minutes.
The dish can be decorated with lettuce leaves.
Beef with rice
- 150 q beef fillets;
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium root;
- celery and parsley root;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons. ;
- Bay leaf;
Put a piece of veal in water and bring to a boil, then drain the water and replace it with a new one, wait until it boils again. Put vegetables and bay leaves in a saucepan and cook until the meat is cooked.
Pour oil into a preheated pan and add pre-washed rice. Fry the beans until golden brown. Then pour 350 ml of water, reduce the heat as much as possible, close the lid and cook until tender.
Meat with rice can be garnished with greens before serving.
- potatoes - 4 pieces;
- paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- ground pepper to taste;
- cumin - 1/4 tsp;
- oregano - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- olive oil - 2 tsp;
- salt to taste.
Peel a squash, grate it and slice it. Put in a bowl and combine with vegetable oil. Mix all spices well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the potatoes and sprinkle with spices. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Serve as an independent dish or in combination with a vegetable salad.
- low-fat cottage cheese - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 3 pieces;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l.
Grind cottage cheese, add yolks, sugar and flour, mix thoroughly until smooth. Whisk the egg whites into a stable foam and slowly add to the rest of the mass. If desired, you can add different fruits, berries or dried fruits. Pre-grease the future pudding and transfer it to a special bread pan. Cook in a water bath or multivark in "Cooking" mode.
Buckwheat with mushrooms
- buckwheat - 0, 5 cups;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 small mushrooms;
- half an onion;
- olive oil;
- salt to taste.
Buckwheat should be cooked until cooked and salt should be added to taste. Heat the pan, add oil and fry the chopped onion. Cut the mushrooms into 4 parts and add to the pan, fry until cooked, add the chopped tomatoes, add the herbs and spices to taste. Keep on low heat for 5-7 minutes, then add buckwheat and mix. Turn off the gas and leave for 10 minutes.
Baked apples with berries
- 2 medium apples;
- 1 cup black currant berries (you can use any);
- sugar to taste.
Cut apples in half and core, mix berries with sugar. Put a small amount of berries on each half of the apple and place in a loaf pan. Preheat oven to 200 ° C and cook for 15 minutes. Chilled dessert can be sprinkled with sugar or powder.
- hake fillets - 300 q;
- medium potatoes - 4 pieces;
- butter - 50 g;
- cream 15% - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- 1 onion;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- salt to taste.
Boil the pre-peeled potatoes until soft, remove from the water and mash with butter and cream. Put pieces of fish in boiling water and cook until potatoes are cooked. Chop the onion and fry in olive oil until golden brown. Beat the whites with a mixer until foamy. Mix the boiled fish, potatoes, onions, yolks and salt using a blender until smooth, gradually adding the whites. Put the mixture in a loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Cook soufflé for 30 minutes.
- carrots - 500 g;
- un 100 q;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt to taste.
Boil the carrots until soft, peel and chop in a blender. Add flour, eggs, salt and mix until smooth. Make small, single cutlets and fry until cooked through. Instead of frying, you can steam or use the oven.
- 2 liters of water;
- starch - 3 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- cherries or berries - 500 g;
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Bring the water to a boil, add the spices and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add cherries and sugar. Dissolve the starch in 1 cup of water and gradually add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Keep on the fire for a few minutes, stirring constantly. When thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Get out of the diet
After treatment of prostatitis, the diet should be gradually abolished. Nutrition should be properly balanced and a sharp transition to forbidden foods should be avoided. Experts advise to stick to a diet in the future and gradually introduce new foods, while carefully monitoring the body's reaction. When designing a diet, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of large amounts of fatty foods or semi-finished products.
To prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to refrain from excessive consumption of alcohol and unhealthy and heavy foods, fast foods, and to prefer proper nutrition.
Advantages and disadvantages of the diet
With strict adherence to the diet, a positive effect is observed after 3 days. TOadvantagesDiets include:
- significant reduction in pain;
- prevention of disease progression;
- lack of hunger;
- weight normalization.
TOdisadvantagesIt should be associated with severe dietary dependence in fried, spicy and smoked people, as well as the presence of contraindications to such a diet in some patients.
- A 39-year-old man said: "A year ago, doctors diagnosed prostatitis. In addition to medication, diet was prescribed. It was difficult to get used to the new diet, because I never limited myself to food. But after the first. After a few days I felt better. I tried not to eat unnecessary and heavy food when I went on a diet, I feel great, my digestive system and body condition improved as a whole, there was no recurrence of the disease.
- A 54-year-old man said: "I have never limited myself to food. I noticed that after eating fatty and spicy foods, prostatitis begins to worsen. I listened to experts and decided to use a diet to prevent aggravation. At first it was unusual, but the menuIt is quite diverse, which allows me not to feel hungry and find suitable food. After switching to such a diet, my health has significantly improved, and exacerbations are becoming less frequent.
- A 42-year-old woman said: "My husband was diagnosed with prostatitis, prescribed medication and diet. At first, he refused to limit himself in food, constantly broke down, ate fried and spicy foods. Then he decided to get rid of the disease. The doctor's appointment. His health condition practically improved in a few days, digestive problems went away, he lost weight. The disease went away and he did not worry for a long time. "
Diet for prostatitis not only significantly speeds up the healing process, but also helps to heal the body as a whole, as it ensures the rejection of harmful foods. The food is quite varied, which allows you to choose the right food and not feel hungry.